Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Interview with Sarah from SYTYCW

This past weekend I was interviewed by Sarah from So You Think You Can Write. The interview is up! Read it now!

Here is a preview of the interview:

Sarah_E: Can you tell me how you came up with the idea for Geek Love?

SW: Yeah, thought it’s embarrassingly uninteresting. The opening scene of chapter one, “In Which There is a Battle” paints a fairly accurate picture of my cubicle at work. In Geek Love, Edward is a hotter, smarter, cooler, richer, and version of me. But with a penis. And did I mention hot?

Quite honestly I showed a shocking lack of imagination for this story. I’m beginning to think that’s my thing. People will whisper as I walk down the street, “Pssst…that’s the woman…did you hear about her? The doctors say she was born with no imagination! Can you imagine? Yeah, well, she can’t.”

Sarah_E: ::belly laughs:: I’m pretty sure all of us feel that way at some point, and I have to argue that I think it’s very creative, especially Bella’s love for the zombies.

SW: Thanks. It’s a geek thing.

Sarah_E: Gotta love the geeks. Geeks rule the world. I’m surprised more people don’t understand that knowledge.

SW: They do, they just won’t admit it.
Here's the link again: http://www.sytycw.com/?p=926

1 comment:

  1. That's so cool. I've been meaning to tell you too...every time I'm playing with my baby and go to "nibble on her tummy to make her laugh" I find myself going "nom, nom, nom" and then I start cracking up thinking of Bella's tshirts and jammies! LOL!

    ReplyDelete